Chevron

Nav bar

Image Map

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Busy, busy, busy!

First off I'd like to apologize. I have not been doing a great job of keeping up with the blog lately. The last couple of weeks have been a bit busy around here, but I'll work on trying to update more often. Thank you for stick around with us. 

It is October finally and we've done some work to make our classroom a little bit more festive. 



We wrote our acrostic poems on leaves. 

Our class is working hard to settle into our new schedule. They are loving the small group center time we do during reading. I have to say I've had some disappointed first graders when time is up for small group centers. Luckily for them, they get some of this in math too!

As we move into our short week this week, I'll be posting some of the fun spooky projects we have been finishing and starting on. They are just loving first grade during October. Have to admit this is my favorite month of the year and I really try to go all out!

At the beginning of October, we had the opportunity to start off our spooky projects with practicing tally marks. We used bones (q-tips) and monster eye balls (google eyes) to represent numbers 1-20. Each child got to choose four number and then build them. They LOVED this! Success! We even got to listen to some spooky music while we worked. It is times like this that I really love my job. Here are our photos from that activity. 






Yesterday we had another group of students get to cash in their yellow tag coupons for another shot at the big prize box! I'm glad to say we are growing our numbers! We even have a few that were able to earn the prize box two times in a row! WOW!


All in all, first grade has been filled with tons of fun and learning. We are ready for this short week coming up!




No comments:

Post a Comment